If you’re looking to invest in CRM this year, determine your company’s requirements first and then choose a solution and partner that best fit the bill. Here are five easy steps to an informed CRM decision.
1. Start off by identifying which areas of your business have a requirement for a CRM and how they will benefit from using a system. Your business needs may vary from a simple contact management system to a more complex sales, marketing and customer service solution. If you require extensibility to other departments and lines of business, check with potential vendors whether such option is available.
2. What level of integration do you require? Most good CRM platforms will easily integrate with common business applications such as Microsoft Office and Outlook. However, examine your business and identify where else integration could be a benefit, for example connectivity with Marketing Automation software. Such an addition could increase sales conversion rates and enable marketers to respond to hot topics highlighted by sales.
3. In the age of social media, do you use tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter for the delivery of marketing and customer service communications? If yes, then it is essential to consider how your proposed CRM solution will help you stay connected at all times and retain great volumes of data generated at high speed.
4. Do you need to access your information anywhere, anytime? Mobility is fast becoming an indispensable function in today’s corporate environment and companies need infrastructure that is capable of adapting to this. Working on the go is easy with a system that works equally well on a smartphone, tablet or desktop. Determine what accessibility features are the most important for enhancing productivity in your organisation and put them high on the list of your CRM requirements.
5. Finally and often the most fundamental question, should you seek a cloud-based solution or plump for an on-premise deployment? It is important to understand the differences between the two – the cost, security and flexibility options – and evaluate which is the most suitable to your business
These Five easy steps to an informed CRM decision should help take some of the legwork out of the decision-making process, but taking too many shortcuts is never good. Treat this list as a starting point for asking more detailed questions relevant to your organisation. Write them down, make a table or a diagram. Take your time. Build a project team and incorporate employees from all departments – and listen to their voices.
If you require assistance in understanding how CRM can benefit your business, contact ProAptivity. ProAptivity specialize in the implementation of Maximizer CRM. Contact us today on 028 9073 5630 for your free consultation to understand how CRM can benefit your business.