A recent study, derived from data of nearly 3.5 million leads, reveals that the right volume and frequency of both calls and emails can yield optimal conversion success.
The study builds upon previous contact research by adding a new dimension – email. As we all know an effective contact strategy does not rely on one method of communication. The use of email in addition to phone outreach can have a very positive impact on the ability to contact and ultimately convert a prospect into a customer.
Major takeaways from the research include:
- Speed to call is the single largest driver of lead conversion
- Calling inquiries up to six times is the best way to achieve optimal conversion rates
- Conversion rates can be further increased by properly timing call attempts
- Combining the recommended call strategy with an optimal email strategy can yield exceptional results
The case for rapid speed to call and appropriate levels of persistence continues to be strong after looking at research. Also the result demonstrates that although most businesses have major opportunities to improve contact strategies, business utilising lead management solutions have improved their efforts
- 50% of leads are not called a 2nd time
- 93% of converted leads are reached by the 6th time, or rather only 7% of all leads that eventually convert are reached for the first time after seven or more attempts
- Prospects who receive emails have a 16% higher chance to be contacted by phone, yet, 59% of prospects did not receive an email
The best contact strategy is often influenced by the industry, the type of product being sold and the nature of the selling in place.
The easiest way to implement a contact strategy is to have an automated system that does it for you. That way you don’t have to rely on staff to keep track of all leads and the type of contact method to use next with each at the appropriate time.
Speak with ProAptivity, ProAptivity specialize in the implementation of Maximizer CRM, which offers contact strategy capabilities. Contact us today on 028 9073 5630 for your free consultation to understand how CRM can benefit your business.