We get it. Objections are tough. Sales objections come in many forms, and it takes experience and quick wit to get used to them. It’s not just reps fielding sales objections who think so, either. As many as 35% of sales leaders believe objection handling is the biggest challenge their reps face.
We’re here to help you understand how to handle objections like a pro. Some sales objections are representative of a deeper incompatibility between your prospect and your product, true. However, as a sales rep, you’ll encounter some brush-offs which, properly understood, aren’t necessarily deal-breakers. By applying the right objection-handling techniques in these situations, you can take steps to reframe the issue and change your prospect’s mind.
In order to better understand how to counter objections, let’s first try and understand the psyche of the buyer a little better
Prospects typically use objections when we (sales people) fail to convey the Value Proposition effectively. That is, that value the customer will receive from buying our product or service from us (rather than the competition).
When I deliver sales training, one of the most common skills questions that I receive is ‘How do I manage objections effectively?’.
There are three primary tools or strategies that I explain to delegates. These are:
Objection Handling: The ACE framework
- Acknowledge: Acknowledge the objection. This reassures the prospect that you are listening.
- Clarify: Clarify that you understand exactly what the prospect is referring to.
- Explain: Explain how you can overcome this objection. Make an evidence based statement using reference to how you have dealt with a similar challenge with another customer
Objection Handling: the 3xF’s framework
- Mr Customer I understand how you feel…..
- Other customers initially felt like that as well
- Once they did business with us, they found that…..e.g. our business was the best
Objections Handling: The LAQPAC framework.
This is typically used for more complex sales where there may be a number of objections to address:
- List: list objections, numbering them 1 to 10
- Agree: Agree with the prospect that there are no others apart from those specified.
- Qualify: Qualify that you understand exactly what the prospect is referring to.
- Probe: To identify that there are no other underlying elements that have not yet been mentioned
- Address: Address each of the objections in turn, fully.
- Close: Ask for commitment on the back of resolving each of the objection.
These are simply tools that you can add to your sales tool portfolio to help you deal with objections effectively and win more business.
ProAptivity are an independent CRM solutions provider. We focus on the implementation, training, and support of highly customised CRM software solutions. Our CRM software supported by our sales training provide customers with the tools needed to deliver successful sales process management.
Fundamentally, we help organisations embed CRM best practice throughout their organisation. This helps organisations become more competitive, customer focused and ultimately more profitable.
If you need help in understanding why my business needs CRM, maybe some of our eBooks could help! Alternatively visit Maximizer CRM for more information. Contact us today on 028 9099 6388 or via email@example.com. Contact us today for a free CRM consultation that will assess if your business is CRM ready.