Finding great sales talent isn’t hard. The real challenge is retaining great sales talent. Assuming you have a good company culture, you’re respected in your industry, and your leadership team has a vision your employees can believe in, then you’re already in a good starting position.
Here are 5 simple things you can do:
- Pay fairly. Pay commissions quarterly, put accelerators into your plans and offer spiffs. A great salesperson wants an opportunity to blow out their numbers; make sure your structure enables them to exceed goals and make a lot of money.
- Offer quality pre-sales support. Pre-sales can take both a consultative and collaborative approach, which results in a network of colleagues, business consultants, professional services teams and industry experts to help support sales reps.
- Invest in tools and a process that work. Make it easy for your sales team to focus on making the sale – not on administrivia. Make life easier for sales teams by creating for example programs to automate proposals, presentations or email templates
- Reward good behaviour. Everyone wants to feel special and appreciated. Do your best to recognize your top performers with a memorable experience, say thank you regularly and openly, and don’t micromanage.
- Focus on the customer. Stop obsessing over what you are selling. Instead, think about what your potential customer needs and wants and then deliver a great experience building from an outside-in point of view, rather than being solely focused on closing your deal. Keeping your focus on the key elements of great selling is critical. Focus on the areas where you see that your company has opportunity to improve, find sales talent and retaining great sales talent becomes easy. Remember, everyone wants to sell for a great company.
Keeping your focus on the key elements of great selling is critical. Focus on the areas where you see that your company has opportunity to improve, find sales talent and retaining great sales talent becomes easy. Remember, everyone wants to sell for a great company.
ProAptivity specialise in implementing tools to support our clients in retaining great sales talent. The tool is Maximizer CRM. If you need more information, contact us today on 028 9099 6388 or via email on email@example.com