Finding great sales talent isn’t hard. The real challenge is retaining great sales talent. Assuming you have a good company culture, you’re respected in your industry, and your leadership team has a vision your employees can believe in, then you’re already in a good starting position.
Here are 5 simple things you can do that help with retaining great sales talent
- Pay fairly. Pay commissions quarterly, put accelerators into your plans and offer spiffs. A great salesperson wants an opportunity to blow out their numbers; make sure your structure enables them to exceed goals and make a lot of money.
- Offer quality pre-sales support. Pre-sales can take both a consultative and collaborative approach, which results in a network of colleagues, business consultants, professional services teams and industry experts to help support sales reps.
- Invest in tools and a process that work. Make it easy for your sales team to focus on making the sale – not on administration Make life easier for sales teams by creating for example programs to automate proposals, presentations or email templates
- Reward good behaviour. Everyone wants to feel special and appreciated. Do your best to recognize your top performers with a memorable experience, say thank you regularly and openly, and don’t micromanage.
- Focus on the customer. Stop obsessing over what you are selling. Instead, think about what your potential customer needs and wants and then deliver a great experience building from an outside-in point of view, rather than being solely focused on closing your deal. Keeping your focus on the key elements of great selling is critical. Focus on the areas where you see that your company has opportunity to improve, find sales talent and retaining great sales talent becomes easy. Remember, everyone wants to sell for a great company.
Keeping your focus on the key elements of great selling is critical. Focus on the areas where you see that your company has opportunity to improve, find sales talent and retaining great sales talent becomes easy. Remember, everyone wants to sell for a great company.
How a CRM can help with retaining great sales talent
A CRM system benefits an organisation through the visibility of its sales activities. This visibility is fundamental to managing sales performance and control of the sales process. This visibility enables management to understand why, when, who and how opportunities are being won, stalled, or being lost. If it cannot be monitored, it cannot be managed. The visibility offered within the CRM system also allows management to make educated business decisions based on hard data. A CRM system will enable structured data to be used to access performance. This assessment should indicate which sales person is out performing others. This intelligence can provide management with the information needed to make educated decision about key sales resource
Who are ProAptivity
ProAptivity are an independent CRM solutions provider. We focus on the implementation, training, and support of highly customised CRM software solutions. Our CRM software supported by our sales training provide customers with the tools needed to deliver successful sales process management. Check out our customer case studies and testimonials to understand better the impact that our solutions have had with our clients
Fundamentally, we help organisations embed CRM best practice throughout their organisation. This helps organisations become more competitive, customer focused and ultimately more profitable.
If you need help in understanding why my business needs CRM, maybe some of our eBooks could help! Alternatively visit Maximizer CRM for more information. Contact us today on 028 9099 6388 or via email@example.com. Contact us today for a free CRM consultation that will assess if your business is CRM ready. What is stopping you!